This programme assists those progressing towards more senior leadership positions to develop their strategic thinking.
Your leadership has expanded across broader areas of the organisation’s business. All participants aim to continue their leadership journey to the most senior strategic positions, and have been identified as having the potential to do so.
Held three times a year, each programme is a three day residential course, followed by a two day Part Two.
Debate, discuss and reflect
- the difference between strategic and operational leadership
- how to cope with divided loyalties to both the organisation, and to your people
- the impact of one’s decisions and preparing for even tougher decisions
- issues that you may not agree with but are responsible for making happen
- the importance of developing, and looking after those at levels below strategic and operational leadership
- facilitating and implementing change without knowing all the information
- the challenge of balancing the delivery of results and high performance with support for individual staff and their issues
- the ambition to take on greater responsibility and a new senior role in the future against delivering high quality results in the present.
Meet leaders from all walks of life
You'll develop your leadership alongside other senior leaders, from diverse backgrounds. We are meticulous in our selection process to guarantee full cross-sector diversity and ensure your peers are at the same point in their leadership development.
Explore our other programmes
NEXT PROGRAMME DATES AND FEES
Part One: Wednesday 6 June - Friday 8 June 2018
Location: Windsor Castle
Chair: Nigel Benwell
Facilitators: Kate Lee, David Stead, Sadie Visick
- Annette Barnes - Managing Director, Bank of Scotland (Retail)
- Rob Varley - Chief Executive, Met Office
- The Ven Dr Sheila Watson, Preacher, Lincoln's Inn; on the Chapter at St Paul's Cathedral as a non-executive director; previously Archdeacon of Canterbury, Church of England
Part Two: 22 - 23 November 2018
Location: Cumberland Lodge
Price: £4,100 (including all meals and accommodation)
Bursaries: We have a number of bursaries available to support applicants from not-for-profit sectors. Please contact us for more information.
Enquiries: Please call us on 01753 830202 or email Marion for further information.
Partnership Registrar, Group, John Lewis Partnership
Upcoming programme: 30th April 2018 (Emerging Strategic Leaders)
Please call us on 01753 830 202 or register below for one of our team to contact you: