This programme assists those progressing towards more senior leadership positions to develop their strategic thinking.
Your leadership has expanded across broader areas of the organisation’s business. All participants aim to continue their leadership journey to the most senior strategic positions, and have been identified as having the potential to do so.
Held three times a year, each programme is a three day residential course, followed by a two day Part Two.
Debate, discuss and reflect
- the difference between strategic and operational leadership
- how to cope with divided loyalties to both the organisation, and to your people
- the impact of one’s decisions and preparing for even tougher decisions
- issues that you may not agree with but are responsible for making happen
- the importance of developing, and looking after those at levels below strategic and operational leadership
- facilitating and implementing change without knowing all the information
- the challenge of balancing the delivery of results and high performance with support for individual staff and their issues
- the ambition to take on greater responsibility and a new senior role in the future against delivering high quality results in the present.
Meet leaders from all walks of life
You'll develop your leadership alongside other senior leaders, from diverse backgrounds. We are meticulous in our selection process to guarantee full cross-sector diversity and ensure your peers are at the same point in their leadership development.
Explore our other programmes
NEXT PROGRAMME DATES AND FEES
Part One: Wednesday 6 February - Friday 8 February 2019
Location: Windsor Castle
Chair: Dr Emma FitzGerald
Facilitators: Malcolm Farrar, Alison Curtis, Miranda Sharp
- Mike Bowron QPM, formerly Chief Officer, States of Jersey Police and Commissioner of the City of London Police
- Rob Varley, Consultant, previously Chief Executive of the Met Office
- Emma Kane, Chief Executive, Newgate Communications and Joint CEO Porta Communications. Emma is also Chair of Target Ovarian Cancer and the Barbican Centre Trust
Part Two: 5 - 6 September 2019
Location: Cumberland Lodge
Price: £4,395 (including all meals and accommodation)
Bursaries: We have a number of bursaries available to support applicants from not-for-profit sectors. Please contact us for more information.
Enquiries: Please call us on 01753 830202 or email Marion for further information.
Partnership Registrar, Group, John Lewis Partnership
Upcoming programme: 11 February 2019 (Emerging Strategic Leaders)
Please call us on 01753 830 202 or register below for one of our team to contact you: